Sunday, October 19, 2014

Feeling crafty!

It has been a long time since I crafted, this summer has been really busy.  I was in the mood this weekend and I have a lot of extra wood in my garage so I decided to use some up.  I know it's not even Halloween yet but I wanted to get started with Christmas. I love signs of any kind and I had some old pallets. Of course I searched Pinterest and found some great ideas but went with this one.
I love pallets because they are FREE! It only cost me a few cents for the paint which I already had. I love the different colors of the pallets.  If you leave them out side them they get great color on them

CHALKBOARDS
I also love them.  They are easy to make and I use them all over my house.  I have several on my walls for a calendar and grocery list but I love the portable ones.  You can use them year round and are very popular right now. I even use them for pictionary for family night. I made several from old picture frames but this one was made from some old plywood and lath that I bought a big bundle from a garage sale for a $1.00. My husband thought I was crazy but I have almost used up all of it.

This last one I did up for a friend for her Birthday.  I love making things as gifts and I sure hope they do to :)  I will hunt down another board to make myself one also. It just makes you happy!
I added a couple of jingle Bells just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment